MUSIC EDUCATOR: PIANO/VOCAL & JAZZ SPECIALIST
* Bachelor of Music: Jazz Piano Performance; 2000 Massey University, Wellington.
* Graduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching: Music & Performing Arts; 2000 Wellington.
* Provisional Registration New Zealand Teachers Council: # 205899 Exp. 20/10/2016.
* Diploma in Jazz Teaching: Associated Board, Royal Schools; 2000 London Scholarship.
* Bachelor of Science: 1994 Auckland.
* Technics Music Academy: Teaching Certificate.
* Member of Institute of Registered Music Teachers New Zealand.
TEACHING EXPERIENCE: (References Available)
* 2011 – Nov. 2014: Part-time piano & english teaching while performing in Korea.
* 2009 – June 2011: Part-time english & music teaching: Argentina.
* 2008 – March - June: Massey University: Piano, Latin & Jazz Combo Tutor.
Substitute Teaching in various Wellington Secondary Schools.
* 1997 - 2003: Over 7000 Hours Classroom, Substitute & Private Teaching:
* Extensive Music Teaching: Over 16 Wellington Schools (Primary –Tertiary).
* Classroom Substitute/Relief Teaching: Various Subjects. Includes Term 4 2001:
Music Teacher at Sacred Heart College. Also Nae Nae, Onslow.
* Itinerant Piano/Keyboard, & Band Teaching. All musical styles & levels.
Extensively at Onslow, Scots, Nae Nae, Vaird, & Porirua Colleges: 1997 - 2003.
* Specialist Jazz Piano, Theory, Improvisation & Band Teaching.
Classroom, groups & individually: Various schools; Scotts & Onslow Colleges.
* Prepared students for successful entrance to Massey University Jazz Programme.
* Tutor at National High Schools Jazz Workshop: 2000, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2011.
* Raroa Music Centre: Beginners groups keyboard classes: May 1996 – Sept 2001.
* Keyboard/Piano Tutor at Hutt Intermediate, Wellesley Primary College: 2000-2002.
* Technics Music Academy Piano & Keyboard Tutor: 1997 – 2002.
* Extensive Music & Piano/Keyboard Teaching Experience: All Ages, Levels & Styles
* Good Classroom Planning & Management Skills: Ensuring Students Meet Learning
Outcomes, & Long Term Objectives. Ability to connect with, & adapt to students needs.
* High enthusiasm and extensive use of creative learning techniques when teaching.
* Ability to involve all students when teaching larger groups and ‘combo’ bands.
* High proficiency in jazz piano performance, contemporary music & the education of this
to both younger student & adults.
* Strong improvisation ability & knowledge of piano theory & harmony.
* Recording experience & keyboard programming skills: Midi, Keyboards & Synthesizers.
* Proficient in using & teaching computer aided technologies: Garage Band, Sibelius, Protools.
* Good Vocal & Music Reading & Accompanying Skills, in Jazz, Pop & Contemporary Styles.
INTERNATIONAL PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE: (References Available)
* 2015: Piano & Vocal Entertainer with 6 Star: Regent Seven Seas Cruises; 8 Months.
* 2011-2015: Various Piano & Vocal Entertainer Hotel Contracts in South Korea:
* January 2011 - 2014: Grand Hyatt Seoul Pianist & Vocal Entertainer. (3 Contracts)
* May – Nov. 2014: Park Hyatt, Busan Pianist & Vocal Entertainer.
* February – April 2014: Shilla Hotel Jeju Island Pianist & Vocalist.
* January - March 2013: Shilla Hotel Jeju Island Pianist with Latin Band.
* 2004-2011: Cruise Ship Contract Employment: Cocktail Piano, Jazz Trio,
Rock/Covers Bands, Big Band Orchestra & Band Leader.
* 2008-2010: Regular Employment at Sheraton Hotel & Hyatt Hotels: Mendoza, Argentina.
*1997-2004: Extensive Hotel, Restaurant, Bar & Club & Festival performance employment
in Wellington, & NZ whilst maintaining extensive teaching schedule. Includes
long residencies at Inter-Continental, Sheraton, Park Royal Hotels, Plaza
International & Te-Papa.